Lunes, Setyembre 5, 2011

what the world doesn't want you to know about Love - TRUE LOVE.

Have you ever truly been in love?  Or just thought you have?  How would you define love?

I wouldn't be surprised by the answers I'd hear if you'd actually answered my questions because we think we know what love is when we really don't have a clue.  We think it's the butterflies we get in our stomachs every time we see that special someone or hear their voice or the fact that they are the first thing on our mind when we wake up and the last thing we think of before we sleep or that electrifying shock we get holding their hand or kissing them.  If this was love, it's a rip-off!

Many times I thought I was in love but it was far from it.  I didn't have a clue.  I was looking for true, unconditional love in places that didn't spell out love at all, places that didn't even come close to defining what love is all about.  I've had boyfriends, flings, mutual understandings, special friends and "boylets" but none of them came close to what love is.

Love was with me all along, ever since the day I was born, watching my every step, examining my every move. Love never left my side.  But I ignored Love, I abandoned Love, I forsook Love. But  Love never gave up on me.  It would knock on my door every once in a while, Love would care for me in silence, Love would try to win my heart over and over again.  I could feel Love trying to break some kind of spell I was under - the "I-think-I'm-in-love" syndrome where whatever makes you happy is what you do and disregard what matters the most, Love - true Love. 

But one day, Love saved me.  Love caught my fall.  Love picked up all the broken pieces of me and put them back together.  I then realized that Love was in me - residing in the secret chambers of my heart and soul.  Love was God.  He was waiting for me all this time, waiting for me to love Him back.  And I've TRULY been in LOVE ever since.

The reason I wrote this blog was because I knew what it was like to think or feel like you were truly in love and I see it everywhere in today's youth and all over the world.  I also write this for all the girls out there who shouldn't waste their time trying to find love or entertaining what they think could be love.  If I had known this earlier on in life, I would've been spared from a ton of hurt and regret.  So I write FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO FIND TRUE LOVE.  It can only be found in God, abound in Him and flow through you to others.  Yes, someday you will find that someone for you, that someone God has perfectly prepared for you.  Until that day, WAIT.  Focus on loving HIM, your TRUE LOVE.  The One who never stopped loving you.

"Love is patient, love is kind.  It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.  It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.  love does not delight in evil but rejoices in the truth.  It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1 Corinthians 13:4-7

1 komento: